Friday, June 3, 2011

Course Reflection

The group assignment would be have to be the one that stands out when I think of a fun assignemt. The group met outside of the classroom and discussed what we needed to do. Also things like the debate and the little acting we did was fun and brought energy and active discussions to the classroom. One of the things that I took away from that assignment is that although being a single parent is hard, a child being raised by a single father is more likely to stir into the "wrong" path.

I pretty much cared for all the assignments just some of the assignments were not as interesting as other ones. Or maybe not that the assignment was not interesting it's just that they were hard but hard assignments challenges the mind, and stereotypes. An example would be the first research assignment it took a while in order to learn how to do a proper research paper with all the necessary components.

Blogger was useful in this class because it was simple and easy to use, Nimg not so much. All Blogger needed was a bit more personal touch not only school work but things about Masculinity. A blog with just assignments looks boring and dull so it was cool that you posted all different types of things in your blogs.But I try to stay away from using too many google services, it knows too much.

In my own I found a paper talking about Brazilian masculinity so I still have yet to read it but I have printed it out. I also intend on reading the book called White Masculinity In Crisis I believe is the name. In my own I also researched some photos on all aspects of Masculinity. I also watched a very interesting documentary on Netflix about sexuality in different countries. I also invited my sister and a friend to come with me to the classroom and I was often discussing Masculinity to a friend applying what I learned in class. Very interesting subject indeed. I just wish the semester wasn't so short because things start to snowball.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your feedback, John. I'm glad you enjoyed the activities and assignments we did in class :) And, I'm glad you had a good experience working with your group on RP#2.

    ReplyDelete